 Castle / 1863
Re: Which is the best Lego Castle set ever?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:41:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

The trouble with getting in on Castles so late is that the only affordable
things that are available are definitely weaker.  The one thing I'll say for
the Night Lord's Castle is that it doesn't have a raised baseplate, and the
same for the Flying Ninja Fortress (yeah, I know, marginally Castles).  So,
after a quick look through the Fibblesnork area and before I look at your
list,
the initial order I have for acquiring the big Castles is:

6080, 6085, 6074, 6090, 6086.

Now the fun part is reading your list (short read for you, long pause on my
part)...only one change.  I like the 6090 and 6086 for what they are, but I
tend to feel that raised baseplates are limiting.  The Yellow Castle simply
has
two strikes against it from the word go.  Change the color....which begs the
question: if it is using old-fashioned bricks, how hard is it to duplicate in
gray, black, and/or white?

I have actally reproduced the castle to the best of my ability in grey (with
black highlights).  I took pictures of it that I will post soon so that all of
you can give me feed back.  I will also take a few pictures of the new
iteration of the castle.  I replaced a good portion of the castle walls with
newer grey castle wall pieces, which made the castle taller.  I also made the
front entrance and drawbridge taller.  I think it looks much better this way.
As a side note, I fortified it with Black Falcons (my favorite "kingdom").

-David