 Castle / 18583
Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:23:39 GMT

Ugh.

However...  to me these look like an extension of the Galidor line, not the
Bioncle line as rumored.

Knowing that the larger Lego corporate entity (not Lego Direct) takes a long
time to develop a product line...perhaps development and manufacturing of
the new Castle-dor sets was underway (past the point of no return), before
it became evident that the Galidor line was a huge failure. Even though
Galidor was a bomb, the manufacturing and marketing for Castle-dor was up
and running.

Or perhaps these are Galidor Version 2.0. Much like Bionicle is essentially
a revamp of the Slizer / Throwbot sets. Even though the first version was
not so hot, the second try might be a run-away success.

Who knows.

Thanks for the post, Huw.

Rough day in Legoland.

Bryan

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message
Sorry for the poor scan, I did it from work. I'll do a better one later.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/kk.jpg

Huw