 Castle / 18401
Re: Once upon a midnight dreary . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 06:08:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

My mother would always dredge out a couple of Poe's works before Halloween and
read them to me when I was a bow.

When were you a bow? I always thought of you as more of an arrow. (not a
straight arrow, but I digress)

I always liked the Raven (though heavens
knows I was clueless to what "nepenthe", "seraphim", "Gilead", and "Aideen" were
at the time).  So I sat here just now talking to no one but myself and gave
quite a dramatic reading of it to the ether (which is the way Poe would have it,
I suppose).  Neatly illustrated with Lego.  Now how about "The Telltale Heart"
(or "The Tattletale Heart" as I transmogrified the title as a boy)?  I can hear
my mother's Peter Lorresque rendition in my mind.  :-)

I can see "The Cask of Amontillado" as being pretty easy to do in a very nice
way, ne?