 Castle / 18390
Re: Once upon a midnight dreary . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:48:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Koudys wrote:

Like Larry, I am reminded of something else--but for me it's the Simpsons
Hallowe'en ep.

Thanks.  It was actually the Simpsons that pushed this MOC to the top.  I'd
toyed with the idea of doing a single scene from The Raven for my Masterpieces
of Lit page:
http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lit/litmain.html
I had even played around with variations on the bust to see what helmet would
support the raven.  Then FOX reran the Simpsons episode with this poem, and it
sparked me to do the whole thing.  Thinking of the HP painting as the lost
Lenore  was the last element to get me excited.  On Monday I built the furniture
and the two removable walls (the room has four walls, but two of them are made
to come out so I could get different camera angles).  Then Tuesday and Wednesday
I was too busy, so I ended up staying up most of the night last night to get
this up today.  Glad you enjoyed.

Bruce