 Castle / 18187
Re: Castle = yes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:02:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   1. As it was said in a recent thread in the Classic-Castle forums about Harry Parter (funny picture was involved, no minifigs were actually hurt), LEGO could be taking the time in Harry Parter... err Potter to recharge their thinking, to ressurect castle after the recent Castle themes, to start over.

I think this is most probably. However, leaving Juniorization can only happen if TLG expects it’s target audience to be patient enough to build a detailed model. For us, thats the prime reason to buy a set, but for most kid fans, it’s playing with sets. That means the time between opening the set and having it built needs to not be too incredibly long. I know that was the concept behind the HP line.

I know that this is an old issue, but it would be nice if TLG took a role as industry leader and worked against the I-want-everything-spoon-fed-now attitude running rampant through the child-marketing industries. Instead, TLG is simply playing to the bottom line (an understandable choice for a corporation, but less than what I’d like from The Toy Of The Millennium).

   Altho, I’d love to see them do sets based off other famous books.. perhaps Tolkien’s The Hobbit.. the story is much more kid friendly, popular due to the movies, and I’m sure the Intellibricks licence only applies to the movies.

For what it’s worth, Intelli-Blox appears to be defunct, or at least there were no releases for The Two Towers, nor do any appear to be on the horizon for Return of the King. For that matter, I don’t think that the entire intended product line for Fellowship was ever released. Playmates (the underlying company) might still own the rights, but they don’t seem to be doing anything with them.

Dave!