 Castle / 1704
Re: Building a giant castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:15:00 GMT

Excellent advice here.  One thing I try to do is build "chronologically",
meaning build in the order that a castle would evolve.  First comes the
original keep, then perhaps a basillica (sp?) and a defensive outer wall.
Next come some towers.  Eventually, a second keep may be built (for a • feudal
vassel perhaps).  I find that this helps me to maintain consistency and • also
build realistically (not too many kings had the funds and manpower to • throw
up a massive castle all at once).  If I build something that later I don't
like, I simply stage a battle which destroys the offending part of the
structure.  Then, of course, it's time for the king/prince/castle owner to
rebuild.  :-)

This is good advice.  In fact, the building of a large castle could be quite
a story in itself.  You could set it up with workmen, carts full of bricks,
scaffolding, and chronicle the process on a website.  Even build a story
around it.  I'm doing something similar with my space MOC
http://theforce.net/tinman/nautilus ), even though all I have so far are
crew pictures and "promotional posters".

Paul Davidson