 Castle / 1691
  Building a giant castle

I have just taken down my collection of about 30 castle sets, most of them being Royal Knights, and I'm about to go to work building a giant castle like Dan Jezek's Skull Kraag Keep or Pawel Nawareciwcz's Strombrachter. But I think that my measly (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building a giant castle

(...) Well, I've built some pretty big castles(1), and I just have a couple of the major castle sets (plus dozens of the smaller ones). Can you build something like Strombrachter? Probably not, but a modest sized castle shouldn't be difficult. As (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building a giant castle

(...) I think it all depends. First what color is the castle going to be? If the answer is Gray or DkGray then the answer is the basic block buckets are not going to help. If the Castle is going to be Red, Black, or White then I would say the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building a giant castle

(...) Yup. But with 5000 mostly castle pieces, you should still be able to do a decent-sized castle - maybe about half the size of Strombrachter? (Pawel - how many pieces are in there, anyway?) As a reference: This was done with only a few castle (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building a giant castle

(...) I'd have to agree... it all depends on what you want... if you look at something like Strombrachter, you'll notice that 80-90% of the walls are all castle wall sections. That helps a lot, since you don't need to build them out of actual (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building a giant castle

(...) Well said. To be honest, I have been fascinated by Eric's Models recently, so from PERSONAL observation, I have to say that building something small (see church) and giving it great detail, makes people appreciate it more. Sure building a huge (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building a giant castle

Pawel Nazarewicz <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:FoLqC7.E1I@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) off and (...) post, (...) of (...) classified (...) Excellent advice here. One thing I try to do is build "chronologically", meaning build in the order (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building a giant castle

(...) feudal (...) also (...) throw (...) This is good advice. In fact, the building of a large castle could be quite a story in itself. You could set it up with workmen, carts full of bricks, scaffolding, and chronicle the process on a website. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)