 Castle / 1596
Re: Shoulder Pads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:02:29 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
For whatever reason the inspiration hit me last night that the UFO aliens'
shoulder pads would make a great barbarian horde leader-type guy... and the new
Bulls' leader's head would go along great with that scheme... however since the
back of the shoulder pad piece is so high, most typical helmets won't fit :(
Has anyone actually done this successfully and made a relly cool barbarian-type
fig?

DaveE

hey, dave~

the spanish armada helmets and visored helmets fit well with the shoulder
pads. the result is a bit fantastical, though, suggesting advanced metalurgy
skills that barbarians may not have.  a fright knights batlord helmet also
works well with the ufo armor as it does vaguely resemble batwings.  the
secret is not to push the heads completely down on the neck peg to get the
best fit.

  later ~ craig~