 Castle / 1552
Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:38:56 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:

Anyway, I'm very pleased with my choice, and I've put up a couple of pictures
I took tonight at my LEGO site.  (The address is in my .sig.)  The pics are of
some modified minifigs I made a month or so ago, inspired by the Final Fantasy
series of games.  (I figured Castle was the most appropriate LEGO theme.)  I'm
really pleased with how they turned out (both the figs and the pics.)

Those are some great 'figs.  You did an excellent job on the painting.

It was made much easier by the fact that they were paint markers - it was a
lot more like drawing than manipulating a brush would be.

I also
love Final Fantasy (I want beige ponytail hair so I can make Rosa),

I want green ponytail hair for Terra.  I think you're more likely to get your
wish without resorting to paints!  (Although the 'sea-foam' green color that
wound up on one of the Dragoons would not be a terrible match for her hair...
Hmm...gotta score an extra ponytail or two...)

and these
are great representations of Dragoons.  Personally, I probably would've used
the visored helmet, but that is just personal preference.  :)

I didn't want to paint a visored helmet, either. 8)  Besides, the 'dragon helm'
is far more ornate, which is what I was looking for in Dragoon arms and armor.
(And if I keep doing FF LEGO guys, the visored helmets are reserved for
Knights!)

Oh, and I believe Dragoons are European, not Asian.  The armor piece you used
works better, though, than the other one, IMO.  :)

Well, the real world Dragoons, as in mounted infantry, were definitely European.
The Final Fantasy Dragoons are considerably different, what with their rather
incredible propensity to leap high into the air and come crashing down on their
opponents, spear first...basically, I actually meant the Asian origin of the
Final Fantasy games.

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m