 Castle / 1551
Re: Accessories from other themes...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:34:53 GMT

Bill Farkas wrote:

I've been inspired, recently, by many original creations to experiment with
mixing parts from other themes to create unique characters and/or armies. I'm
hoping to get some feedback about the appropriateness (is that a word?!) of
using the following items with the castle theme - let me know if any of these
would be egregiously out of place or improper due to time period, etc.:

1. I was thinking of using the black samurai helmets on some of the Fright
Knights figs - the grey and dk grey are usable too, but I like the black.
4. Is anyone using the samurai body armor for non-ninja knights?

Whenever I have skeletons running about, they for some reason tend to be
wearing the dark grey samurai helmets and samurai armor.  It makes them look
quite a bit more menacing than just having naked skeletal warriors running
about.  It's also nice that they're wearing armor that's very different from
the regular Castle guys - makes them seem like they're from a different time,
wearing the armor they were buried with...

Apart from that, I've used the samurai armor on my Dragoons (see a few posts
ago, this ng).

Other accessories from non-Castle that work well:  my Royal Herald (which I
will put pictures of up shortly) uses a RK King body with a blue cape, the
Samurai Swordsman's head, and a blue bandanna on top - it sort of looks like
one of those medieval floppy hats.  He's also carrying a WW bugle.

The Bat Lord looks far more menacing when you put a Stingrays head on him.
I've got 4 and I plan to use them in upcoming Castle setups as some sort of
inhuman race.

I've made a sort of spear/lance thing for one of my Dragoons (not pictured
though) out of a black antenna, a lightsaber handle, and an Aquazone harpoon.

--
sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura