 Castle / 14443
Re: Cathedral Boardgame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:18:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Carriker writes:

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I looked around the websites it suggests to buy a copy, it is
sort of expensive isn't it?

Unfortunately, it does appear to be expensive, as the only version available
seems to be made out of hardwood.  The version that I have owned for a long
time is made out of normal plastic, and couldn't have cost me more than $20
when I got it years ago.

If they really want people to play the game, why don't they make a version
that is inexpensive, as well?

Also, that's a good rendetition of the game in Lego.  The building all look
very nice.

-David

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, I appreciate them.

I haven't looked in a while, but I think the price of the small wooden set was
around $30 US, you used to be able to find them at the Game Keeper stores out
here in California.  The quality was okay, nothing special really.  But it was
such a clever game idea that had to get it.

I prefer the lego version to be honest, it has a cleaner look than the wood
version and the pieces fit rather nicely.  My dream has been to create a
minifig sized version, maybe someday... but I guess that's what LDraw is for.
Anyways, thanks again.

   Take care,

   Gary