 Castle / 1417
Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:56:03 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <387085B1.CB408F0B@xoommail.com>...

John DiRienzo wrote:

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <386FA258.90041FE6@xoommail.com>...
Black Falcons - 200+

Drool, Drool. I wish I had that many black falcon figs. You have enough • minifigs
to build warwick castle... Now if they only made the large size castle • wall
corners in light grey...

   Call me crazy, but I prefer the Crusaders to the Falcons.  I thin I • liked
the Falcons when I was a kid, but for some reason, I really like the
Crusaders.  I gotta agree, though, its nice having lots of them!  What is
Warwick Castle?  Do you have pictures?  I remember looking at books about
real castles when I was a kid, and really liking castles, and when Lego • came
out with Castles, I really got into building my own castles, and forgot
about the real thing!  Whenever I see a cool, real Castle, it gives me
motivation to start another Castle with Lego.  My next one should look
really cool.  I "borrowed" a magazine from a lawyer's lobby, because it • had
pictures of a fabulous castle I want to model.

--
   Have fun!
   John

"Censorship is yet another tool in the dumbing-down of America
by a power structure that relies on a populace too lazy or ignorant
to think independently." -Vanessa McGrady

Warwick castle is a .dat file of a HUGE lt grey castle I made in ldraw. It • uses
about 2814 pieces for the castle alone (not the moat and siege setup) It • uses
541 1 x 2 grey, 136 1 x 4 grey, 236 2 x 2 corner grey, 108  normal castle • walls
(some with printing) in grey, 66 small castle wall corner pieces (some with
printing) in grey, 72 large castle wall corners grey, 127 2 x 2 inverted • slope
black, 108 2 x 4 slope black, 96 2 x 2 corner inverted slope black and lots • more
besides.
As for my love of the falcons it is probobly motavated by the fact that:
A I no longer own any lego and
B When I did own lego the only large castle I ever owned was 6073 knights
castle.

   Thats ironic, one of the last sets I bought to complete the Castle theme
was 6073.  I had 6074, which I can remember wanting for so long before I
finally got it, and I remember buying lots of 6035s on sale to get extra
falcons.  At the time, I thought they were far cooler than the Crusaders,
whom I would have traded 2 for 1, if there was anyone around willing to make
that trade.  Anyway, LET US SEE Warwick Castle!