 Castle / 1277
Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 20:19:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
Actually, my preferred method for black falcons is blue torso w/ black
falcon emblem, black arms, yellow hands, black waist, blue legs, and black
helmet... The only time I can think that a black falcon fig came like this
though, was in 6059, Knight's Stronghold...

Wow, I totally forgot about that set!  I've been wanting to get all of the
Black Falcons' vehicles and war machines, since they're my favorites, and I
completely missed that blue catapult.  Thanks for mentioning that!

BTW, Black Knights vs. Black Falcons... usually I regard them as different
"teams", but they actually came TOGETHER in the Sea Serpent! Are there any
more crossover sets indicating an alliance/oneness between the two?

Perhaps the small boat, the Battle Dragon, which is one of my favorite sets.
The two minifigs that come with it are distinctly Black Knights-ish, but the
armed minifig has a yellow Black Falcons shield.  I've thought that maybe these
two minifigs were spies or double agents or something who worked for one of the
sides and was double-crossing the other...or maybe they're double-crossing
both sides!

WOW! Are they actually bona fide peasant figs/maidens?

Yep!  I've got at least one of each maiden and peasant that ever came out,
multiples of several, and then tons of custom maidens and peasants used from
actual maiden and peasant parts.  It looks like I'm going to have frequent
access to a scanner very soon, so I'll try to scan some of my stuff then.

If not, what have you been using to make 'em?  I've estimated that I could
make about 50 or so peasants by cannibalizing different themes (Star Wars
and Pirate particularly), but I haven't actually gone through and done
it... Any other recommendations for maidens, peasants?

Aside from "real" parts, I also use red, blue, and black scarf caps from Pirate
and Ninja sets, red wench torsos from the Pirate line, white and black
neckercheifs from the Wild West line, as well as any and all heads that don't
have something on them that makes them clearly non-medieval (like microphones
and glasses and things like that).  And then, of course, just about all of the
Star Wars minifigs have great parts (though I find that if you rely *solely*
upon Star Wars parts you don't get a convincingly medieval feel).  I also like
to get lots of brown, tan, and dark gray arms and legs from...well, just about
any place I can get them from!

One more tip -- you know those brown seed bags that the old-style peasants wore
on their backs?  You can get those, in black and in blue, from sets currently
available from Shop-At-Home that cost less than $10!  Stock up while you can!
I am!

Rick Kurtzuba