 Castle / 1256
Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 14:43:19 GMT

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote:
6026 - King Leo - Sell off the wall piece and the horse and you have two figures
for about $2.00 a pop (again - not too shaby).  The crown kind of limits the
kings, but if and when you get some helmets (shouldn't be too hard if you are
willing to stick around), the torso and legs will provide an awesome soldier.

I figure you could sell the horse and the wall section for more than $1 total.
And of course if you wan tand snag this set on sales (or even clearances) you'll
be even better off.

From those two sets, I can see myself amassing a rather big army.  I think that
an army costs on average $2.00 per figure (include in this mounted Knights,
etc).  Minifig pack bring it down, while e-bay pack bring this up.

I'll go with that, although I generally price 'current' minifigs at $1 - $1.50
in my mental 'value' calculations.  Older ones get higher depending on how much
I like them...

I have looked on ebay and they sell lots of 10 for up to $35. That is more
than I care to pay. I don't think it is right to have to pay over three
dollars for one small soldier. Will Lego sell a set of people with the new
castle series? I have heard many hope, but has any insider confirmed it.

They always do

Unfortunately, not so.  There was no minifig pack for Dark Forest/Royal Knights.
There also wasn't one for the second year of Ninja sets...

so now it's a matter of how soon.  Probably after the next line
up comes out.  So the question is ... assuming nothing changes - what will be
incuded in that pack?  My guess is King Leo on the horse, an archer (normal),
and two Bull Knights.  No princess or queen - I think we can agree on that (I'm
secretly hoping I will eat my words here ... )

Hope away, but they usually include the most common figures in the minifig pack.
I would have liked Fright Force a lot better if it had the bearded soldier
with
the dark grey 'studs' on his shirt instead of the Bat Lord, the witch, or the guy
with the breastplate and goatee...(mostly because I have a bunch of him from
the
polybags).  The only reason we got a female 'fig in Fright Force is because there
was a witch in just about every other FK set anyway.

I have to wonder - are the minifig packs made up of 'extras' - figures that
got
made that weren't necessary for the run of sets they were produced for?  That
would explain why it's always the common ones that are in the packs, and also
why they generally come out at the end of a particular subtheme...

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m