 Castle / 1399
Re: Wizards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:53:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
I just love using the SW torso's for my medieval folk.  There is actually a
good variety of torso's and now even more with the new SW sets (Mostly the two
figs from the Skiff Han & Luke).

Not only that, but they come in cheap sets! You can buy a skiff, the lightsaber
duel, the landspeeder, and the Gungan Swamp for all under $10, I think... Now
all they need to do is offer a padme fig (or at least the hair) in a cheap set!

From Memory these SW figs make great Castle town folk:

Darth Maul (Black Hood)
Desert Luke

--I still have yet to find another upper torso that works with desert Luke's
printed legs... I figure it's got to be a white tunic/robe torso... the one
that's there works well, although you have to pretend not to notice the little
gizmos on his belt (although they could be anything, I suppose)

Old Obi Wan (Gray Hair)
Young Obi Wan (Brown Hood)
Qui Gon Ginn (Long Man's Hair)
Padme (If there is a better hair piece out there let me know)
Skiff Luke
Skiff Han
Jar Jar Bink's (Just the torso and legs of course)
Gungan Soldier
Flash Speeder Driver (Brown Hands for leather gloves)

Is this the first time that brown hands have been offered? I can't think of
another set that had them....

I don't think LEGO could include this many peasants in this variety in the
Castle theme if they tried.  IMHO the SW sets are hands down the best sets on
the market at the present time.  Both in set quality and selection of parts.

Unfortunately, yes! I WISH other themes had the same quality designs and peice
selection that Star Wars has... Although I suppose it's good in a way... It
keeps me from buying Town Jr!

It would be increadible if LEGO would use the same tactics in designing even
one other theme.  I understand the need for some Juniorization but a little
more high quality stuff like the SW sets would be great.

Is it any wonder why the SW stuff is fleeing the shelves and not some of the
other stuff they've been turning out? Hydronauts, Stingrays, Town Jr, the
Amazon Adventurers, Insectoids, and Wild West stuff just sits there on the
shelf at most toy stores I've seen... SW sets just fly off! (Although granted
it's mainly the classic SW stuff that seems to sell well... the Episode I stuff
I still see a lot more of than the classic stuff)

DaveE