 Castle / 1397
Re: Wizards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:35:37 GMT

BLACK WIZARD - Black legs & waist, black robes (Darth Maul), black arms,
yellow hands (black works too), black Wizard hat, King Leo's head

I did something slightly similar for my potion/drug store in my market.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/images/marketd.jpg

I think the Darth Maul or even the new Luke torso from the Skiff set work great
as Wizard/Magicians.  I even created a Priest/Minister for my church using
Maul's torso.

Thanks to the new castle sets and Star Wars sets, we now have a bunch of
'old-man-looking' heads! I tried them with the oversized white beard piece,
but I think it just looks a bit too farcical for my tastes....

I just love using the SW torso's for my medieval folk.  There is actually a
good variety of torso's and now even more with the new SW sets (Mostly the two
figs from the Skiff Han & Luke).

From Memory these SW figs make great Castle town folk:

Darth Maul (Black Hood)
Desert Luke
Old Obi Wan (Gray Hair)
Young Obi Wan (Brown Hood)
Qui Gon Ginn (Long Man's Hair)
Padme (If there is a better hair piece out there let me know)
Skiff Luke
Skiff Han
Jar Jar Bink's (Just the torso and legs of course)
Gungan Soldier
Flash Speeder Driver (Brown Hands for leather gloves)

I think the Obi Wan and Qui Gon torso's are the same but they are still great.
Plus don't forget all the Black and Brown capes that come with those figs too.

I don't think LEGO could include this many peasants in this variety in the
Castle theme if they tried.  IMHO the SW sets are hands down the best sets on
the market at the present time.  Both in set quality and selection of parts.
It would be increadible if LEGO would use the same tactics in designing even
one other theme.  I understand the need for some Juniorization but a little
more high quality stuff like the SW sets would be great.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: