 Castle / 1408
Re: Wizards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:35:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
I was playing around with my 'figs this past weekend... made three kinda cool
looking unique Wizards:

BLUE WIZARD - Blue legs & waist, blue tunic w/ pouch (Majisto's torso), blue
arms, yellow hands, blue Wizard hat, and Ice Planet Granddaddy's head

GREEN WIZARD - Green legs & waist, green tunic w/ pouch (Forestmen), green
arms, yellow hands, green Wizard hat (Thanks Dan!), old Obi-Wan's head

BLACK WIZARD - Black legs & waist, black robes (Darth Maul), black arms,
yellow hands (black works too), black Wizard hat, King Leo's head

Thanks to the new castle sets and Star Wars sets, we now have a bunch of
'old-man-looking' heads! I tried them with the oversized white beard piece,
but I think it just looks a bit too farcical for my tastes....

DaveE

Cool!  I have many magic users in my land, with five distinct types:

Blue Mages - 6 - Mostly Standard Majisto fare, but I have two or three
without beards.  They are general purpose spellcasters, but they only have
access to attack and defense magic.  I'm not sure whose side they will be on
yet.

Green Mages - 2 - Very similar to the Blue Mages in appearance, they side with
the Rangers during conflicts.  They specialize in nature spells, but they can
cast many attack and defense spells, too.

Black Mage (The Necromancer) - 1 - Currently the only one of his kind, he has
plans on recruiting many more (considering I have 13 black wizard caps, with
more on the way).  He is a creator and controller of undead, and wears Darth
Maul's robes, with a black wizard's hat and a beard.  He specializes in attack
and necromantic magic.

Liches - 2 - These Undead were once living spellcasters who refuse to accept
their deaths.  They look exactly like Darth Maul, but with Mummy heads instead.
They use necromantic, attack, and defense magic.  They follow the Necromancer.

Druid - 1 - This Nature Priest is a master of the wilderness.  He has Young
Obi-wan's Cowl, a brown cloth cape, and a Dark Forest torso (the one with the
gear).  He is a master of nature and defense magic, and is adept at summoning
elementals.  He has limited access to general attack spells, though.

I also have a large number of Special 'figs, such as Knights, Maidens, Guard
Captains, and Faction Leaders.  I'll try to get some good pictures or scans of
them soon.

I'm also planning on creating spell effects out of bricks, which I'll post as
soon as I can.

Jeff