 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 3020
Re: POVRay Error: lg_defs.inc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 10:46:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad.ray, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Adrian Rohnfelder wrote:
Parse Error cannot open include file lg_defs.inc

Your POV-Ray.ini file is missing the paths to the LGEO libraries. You might try
the AIOI I have prepared:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=17708

It will do the job for you and I've got a new tester as well.

w.

Another approach (not necessarily better, but if you have a mostly working
installation already you may prefer it, especially if your directory layout is
non standard) is to go get the LGEO libs and then hand modify your master
POVRAY.ini file (From the menu bar, select Tools/Edit master POVRAY.INI which
will launch a notepad of it) to add Library_Path= statements as needed

I added these

Library_Path=C:\shortprg\LDRAW\POV\include\lgeo\ar
Library_Path=C:\shortprg\LDRAW\POV\include\lgeo\lg

at the very bottom after I fetched the LGeo libs from
http://www.digitalbricks.org/lgeo.html (That may not be the best place to get
them, it's just where I found them)

I am no POV expert to be sure, in fact it's been years since I worked with it
much, but I'm trying to recreate some renders Jeroen did for me long ago as I
need them in much larger resolution than I have them.

Hope that helps.