 CAD / 17708
17707  |  17709
Subject:
LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2010-03 beta
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 17:06:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

since the old AIOI dates back to 2006 I thought that's high time to compile a
new one:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LDraw_AIOI_2010-03_setup_32bit.zip

The installer does all kind of things, which are listed below in detail. This is
a 32-bit-only but it works great on my Win7 64bit. I would appreciate if you
could test this on your machines and let me know if it works flawless. If your
running into problems please send me the "LDraw Setup Log.txt" log-file you can
find in your LDraw root folder along with some data about the computer you've
run the setup on.

Many thx, w.

AIOI
* The version number refers to the latest LDraw Parts Library.
* The AIOI speaks English, German or Italian (more language can be added).
* Presents you with all the different licenses needed.
* By default the AIOI installs the LDraw Parts Library with all license and
color files. The rest is up to you - just pick the progs you wanna install.
* In addition it creates a folder called “Web Links” containing links to the
programs which are part of the AIOI: MLCad, LDView, LPub, LSynth, Sticker
Generator, LDGlite and the LGEO library.
* Shortcuts to the web links will be added to the Start menu.
* It asked for the folder name in your start menu and gives you freedom if you
wanna create shortcuts just for you or for all users.
* On request it will run MKList before the shutdown of the AIOI.
* It will create shortcuts on the Desktop for the chosen progs if the option has
been selected.
* It will run the POV-Ray installer in case you have chosen to install also
POV-Ray.
* It will set the Win system variable for the LDRAWDIR accordingly to the
directory you have installed the parts library and the progs.

MLCad
* If you have installed MLCad the LDraw base path and the user name you have
typed in will be written to the registry.
* If your running a German or Italian OS MLCad will be registered to those
language files. For all other OS it will register the default English GUI. (More
language can be add in a second time)
* Accordingly to the language file a link to my tutorials at www.holly-wood.it
will be added too.

LSynth
* LSynth Constraint Parts are installed in the ..\Unofficial\LSynth folder
* A MLCad.grp file with a LSynth category in the Parts tree gets copied to the
MLCad folder
* The path to the constraints is added to the MLCad.ini file
* The absolute path to the LSynth bin folder is added to the MLCad.ini file
based on the directory chosen in the AIOI.
* English, German or Italian links to the tutorials on my site are added to the
“Web Links” folder in the start menu depending on the language of your OS.

LDView
* The LDraw base path is set in the registry.
* If LGEO and LDView have been selected to be installed the LGEO.xml path is
also set in the registry.
* .ldr and .mpd are registered to LDView.

LPub
* The LDraw base path is set in the registry.
* The paths to LDView and LDGlite are set if one or both packages have been
installed.
* If both viewers have been installed LDView will be set as preferred viewer.

Sticker Generator
* Installs a copy of the comdlg32.ocx file in the system folder (..\system32 or
..\sysWOW64) and registers it if the file is missing.

LGEO
* AIOI looks for the POV-Ray.ini file and if found it adds the \lg and \ar paths
as POV-Ray library paths
* Looks also for the Pvengine.ini file and if found adds the LGEO paths to the
permitted input paths in order to avoid I/O restrictions warnings in POV-Ray.

Uninstaller
* Deletes all registry paths for MLCad, LDView and LPub
* Un-registers .ldr and .mpd
* Uninstalls all shortcuts created in the Start menu and the Desktop
* If folders haven't been erases by the installer itself the leftover content
in the LDraw root folder will be deleted at the shotdown of the installer