 CAD / MLCad / 1475
Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:42:20 GMT

GHOST parts are only relevant in MPD models with CLEAR or BUFFER EXCHANGE
statements. They are a bit tricky to understand: the key is to study
Michael's file cited above (and not MLCad's English help file, which
incorrect in this matter).

Hi Miguel,

This is not quite true.  Ghosting in submodels works the same whether you
are using MPD, or the old fashioned mechanism of LDraw files using other
LDraw files as parts.

I just studied this behavior in MLCAD and added GHOST support to LPub ;-)

Enter GHOST - any "GHOSTED" part included in a MPD submodel will not appear
in the instructions steps for the main model.

Yes this is the effect.

Kevin

Needless to say, these (little used) commands are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G