 CAD / MLCad / 1457
    Buffer Exchange, Ghost parts and Rotation Steps —Jaco van der Molen
   Hi all, Does anyone have example DAT and/or MPD files that are using the Buffer Exchange, Ghost parts and Rotation Steps in MLCad? I do not understand these at all, but I know they can be a powerfull tool in making instructions. No offense Michael, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

        Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts —Jaco van der Molen
   (...) these (...) OK, Rotation steps are becomming clear now. But Buffer Exchange... it can be such a nice feature. It must be possible to "...display a certain part above the the model first, and in the next step inserted into the model..." like (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

        Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts —Kevin Clague
     I've read the explanation for buffer exhange and I think I understand. In view mode, as you "step" through your design, MLCad displays the new parts added in each step. Buffers let you take a snapshot (a picture) of the design as it looks given the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

         Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts —Jaco van der Molen
      Now there is something. I am beginning to understand too. Thanks Kevin! "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H5DvI4.5pK@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

          Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts —Ahui Herrera
      (...) Can LPub handle the buffer exchnage and ghost parts? On version 2.0.0.65 it appears the answer is no.. =( -Ahui (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

          Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts —Kevin Clague
      I have added buffer exgange in my development version. It works except for one problem, the graying of previous steps parts gets messed up. I have to fix this. I also added ghosting and it works fine. I have to clean things up before a release, and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

         Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts —Øyvind Steinnes
     This is a bit old thread, but I wonder if sombody can answer me how this Buffer Exchange command affects the partlist? I just found out how to make subassemblies and then put the subasembly part into the main model by first using Buffer Exchange (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

         Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts —Kevin Clague
     Øyvind, I don't think there is a way around this situation in MLCAD. I added PLIST BEGIN IGN meta-command to LPub, to ignore the second occurrence of parts, but I know of no way to do this in MLCAD. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

        Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial —Miguel Agullo
   Hi, The first you should know is that models with instructions steps that use CLEAR, BUFFER EXCHANGE and GHOST commands generally look really weird when viewed in "Place" mode. Download "waggon1.mpd" from Michael's site at (URL) you'll see what I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

        Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial —Kevin Clague
     (...) Hi Miguel, This is not quite true. Ghosting in submodels works the same whether you are using MPD, or the old fashioned mechanism of LDraw files using other LDraw files as parts. I just studied this behavior in MLCAD and added GHOST support to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

        Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial —Jaco van der Molen
     (...) this (...) services Ah, I was looking for something like that too. Thanks. I will study this further and try to understand. Jaco (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

        Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial —Tim Courtney
   Wow... I just studied the file, and I'm pretty sure I get it! Thanks Miguel! They do seem like very powerful commands, if you want to do instructions straight from MLCAD, and hopefully with the LPub support it will make rendering instructions with (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)