 CAD / LDD / 22
Re: LDD to LDRAW Conversion Fixes (another fix)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:53:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Jason J. Railton wrote:

<snipped content>

As for parts, I tried to do the 1x1 plate with tooth from the LDRAW Parts
Tracker (part 49668):
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/49668.dat

<snipped content>

But, this doesn't work.  If you place a tooth on your model in MLCAD, LDD will
import it in the right place.  But, if you save the model from LDD in '.ldr'
format, the tooth will disappear.  Re-loading the '.ldr' file can precipitate a
crash, too.

Contrary to some suggestions based on LDD 1.5, LDD 1.6 refers to all colours of
this part as "49668".  I still don't know why this doesn't work though - it
worked for the 1x1x2/3 slope.

I'd suggest experimenting and seeing if this is a color-specific issue.

49668 is one of the numbers that is remapped internally in the program, so that
(as you mentioned), it always uses the one number, for both opaque and
transparent parts. I wonder whether the part type that 49668 truly is (Opaque or
Transparent) will transfer fine, but the other coloring type is causing the
crash.  The 1x1x2/3 slope doesn't act this way, which would be why I'm
suggesting this as the cause.

-- joshua

----
Joshua Delahunty