 CAD / LDD / 131
Re: open source ldd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 17:46:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:
But, since you replied...  Any chance of LDView reading and rendering from LXFML
in the future?  I'm thinking this would be very handy for folks who want to
write quick and dirty apps to manipulate the XML but don't have the skills to do
the rendering.  They can concentrate on playing with the XML and use LDView to
view the results of their manipulations.

I'd say it's unlikely.  It would be a fairly big undertaking, and since the
files can already be viewed in LDD, I'm not sure how much real benefit there
would be.  Additionally, do you know of any open source cross-platform libraries
for in-memory zip handling and for XML parsing?  I'd really want both in order
to add LXF file support to LDView.  If you do know of any, I'd really like to
know about them, even if I don't add LXF support.  My current zip handling for
library updates isn't something I'm happy with (it calls out to the unzip
executable when run outside Windows).

--Travis