 CAD / LDD / 127
Re: open source ldd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 01:32:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ldd, Harry Schmitt wrote:
Hello,

what programming language is used for ldd? Is it allowed, possible or even
welcome that users can develop addons?

--SNIP--

It never went anywhere, though, and we never actually received any "inside"
information about LDD or its file format.  LDD eventually had its own internal
support for LDraw files, so the outcome isn't necessarily bad.  While the ldraw
import/export functionality in LDD currently has some serious issues, there is
really no guarantee that any of the tools would have been updated to support the
LDD file format, even had we been given the information.  However, the fact that
we weren't ever given any information implies to me that they changed their
minds about 3rd-party support.

--Travis

Take any LDD 2.0 file and change it's extension from .lxf to .zip.  Unzip it
with your favorite unzipper tool.  Open IMAGE100.LXFML in your favorite text
editor.  It's XML.  Go to town.

-PD

PS: Love to see a tool to control the building instruction steps.  The XML tags
are all there to support it.  Someone just has to do it.