Re: 2nd LSC: Call for Nominations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:49:38 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Tim Courtney wrote:
It has been a full year since the creation of the LDraw.org Standards
Committee (LSC). Nominations are now open, elections will be held July 15.

I suspect this post was missed due to the US-holiday weekend.

Nominations MUST be posted in direct reply to this post to be counted, and
must be online by 12:00am July 14.

Since no one has made any nominations, or volunteered, I'd like to nominate the
current members of the LSC, in its entirety:

- Orion Pobursky, parts author, LDraw.org webmaster, manager of MOTM and SOTM,
and a founding member of the LDraw.org SteerCo.

- Kevin Clague, creator of LSynth and LPub, author of LEGO Software Power Tools,
and a founding member of the LDraw.org SteerCo.

- Michael Lachmann, creator of MLCAD.

- Jacob Sparre Andersen, parts author, writer of MPD utilities, original
LDraw.org server admin (and provider).

- Steve Bliss, parts author, parts library admin, co-author of Virtual LEGO,
creator of LDraw Add-On.

Please don't think that the short list of 'credits' I've given here is meant to
represent the complete picture of the contribution made to LDraw.org by any of
these persons.  They have all materially contributed to LDraw and to LDraw.org,
and have been outstanding members on the LSC for this past year.

Also, there are certainly other people I'd be happy to see on the LSC, but I
think nominating five people in one post is probably some kind of limit.

Steve