 CAD / Development / 6112
Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 20:37:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Hakan Tandogan writes:

(d) I looked at it, but it was practically only GUI stuff
without the necessary functionality, and I'm not the right guy to
comment on GUIs...

Actually, much of the functionality is in the prototype.  The major missing
pieces are:

1. Unofficial/ad-hoc part downloading
2. Release packaging
3. Administrator override of author/reviewer functions (ie, the admin can
perform any function)
4. Email correspondence

To be more specific, the prototype handles the following features:

1. Creating logins
2. Updating logins
3. Requesting parts
4. Updating part requests
5. Submitting parts
6. Checking out parts
7. Checking in / certifying parts
8. Posting comments on parts
9. Updating submitted parts

I don't think there's any major piece I've omitted from these lists.  If I
have, someone please point them out!

Steve