 CAD / Development / 6110
Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 18:03:25 GMT

I got a question in email, and I thought the answer would be of general
interest.

The question:
I'll need a primer on the current workflow - any pointers/urls I
can concentrate on?

The answer:

In short, very loose form, the main workflow is:

Process 1: Author uploads file -> Reviewers check out file -> Reviewers
           check/certify file
Process 2: Administrator packages update (which includes all files which are
           currently unofficial and certified)
Process 3: Casual users view status list, download unofficial files.

Looking at page-to-page transfers / user navigation, most users will start at
the menu page, then jump to either the list of active files page or the 'my
parts' page.  From one of these pages, they will act on the various files,
viewing, downloading, updating, checking out, etc.

Any page that requires the user to be logged in should request a login.

Steve