 CAD / Development / 6096
  Parts Tracker Developers Wanted

Well, sort of. Here's more of the story: I asked Dan Boger if he could help with developing the new automated Parts Tracker. He's been working on it, as he's had time, for awhile now. Unfortunately, he doesn't really have any time to put into it, (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted

(...) Email me with some things that need to be done and I let you know what I can do. Paul (I have been busy updating some of the parts I have receintly "finished" also currently reworking the aquazone propellor) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted

(...) Right now, it's a monolithic project; there hasn't been any segmentation of tasks. That's mostly my fault; I haven't reviewed the progress Dan has made, so I can't say where there's a need for work. It's also an artifact of not having a good (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted

(...) This "problem" seems to be quite familiar to a lot of us ;-) (...) (d) I looked at it, but it was practically only GUI stuff without the necessary functionality, and I'm not the right guy to comment on GUIs... (...) Yes, that would have been (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted

I got a question in email, and I thought the answer would be of general interest. The question: (...) The answer: In short, very loose form, the main workflow is: Process 1: Author uploads file -> Reviewers check out file -> Reviewers check/certify (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker Developers Wanted

(...) Actually, much of the functionality is in the prototype. The major missing pieces are: 1. Unofficial/ad-hoc part downloading 2. Release packaging 3. Administrator override of author/reviewer functions (ie, the admin can perform any function) (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)