 CAD / Development / 10424
Re: LSC - current status?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 16:05:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager wrote:

I'm not in the mood to add a meta-command to the part after it gets
supported by a prog, submit it for a single line and cancel all the votes it > may has collected.

w.

Actually, I don't have a problem with changing part header information with an
admin edit without destroying the existing votes, and have done this many times.
I would draw the line at changing data which affects the integrity of the part -
such as swicthing the BFC CERTIFY winding.

I believe this stance is consistent with not accepting HOLD votes for perceived
problems in the header - the review should be of the CAD representation of the
real part, not the metadata.

On the subject of internationalisation, I'd rather see the translations managed
separately from the part files. This makes sense from an ownership perspective -
someone with good English/Swedish skills could manage the Swedish translation
table, but we can't expect the Library Admins to have full understanding of
_all_ potential foreign languages. Whichever technique we use, it has an impact
on the applications that use the library, just different impacts.

Chris