 CAD / Development / 10420
Re: LSC - current status?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 02:41:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager wrote:
dear LSC members,

could you please keep me updated about the status of the following topics:

* approval of the ldraw spec 1.0.0

I have applied Robert's Rules in order to get this restarted.  I will call for a
vote as soon as Orion is back from his trip to sea.

* internationalization and localization of the part library

This topic has not been discussed.  For me personally it is for lack of
interest.  I have questions about this issue:

  1.  What problem are you hoping to solve with this effort?
  2.  Do you expect software developers to make changes to deal with this?
      Speaking not as an LSC member, but as an individual software developer,
      I have many things I would like to do that are much higher priority,
      and would be much better investment of my time.
  3.  How will this improve the quality of life for all members of the LDraw
      community?
  4.  I know that in my case as a member of the LSC, you have not heard any
      feedback because I don't think it is worthy of consideration.

* request for new offical meta command called INFO or HELP

  Do you have reasons as to why you think it needs to be official?  I'm
interested in justification.  Anyone can unofficially add meta commands whenever
they want.

  I tried to search but did not easily find the post where you proposed these
meta commands.  Could you please give me a pointer?

Kevin

many thx, w.