 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6639
Re: 3D laser scanning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:12:27 GMT

Hi Reuben & Darell,

Can any of the experienced part authors confirm whether Darrell's files are
suitable for making an LDraw part? From the visuals they look pretty good, but
I'm no expert on the details needed to convert this type of model into a real
part file.

Yes, they look good. At first sight triangulation has too many triangles for a
LDraw file, but it's easy to reduce.

BTW, if anyone could convert Darrell's scan into a part
(http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/43753) that would be great as I one day I would
I could have a try, but don't expect it so soon... Another problem is that I
don't have the real part to check! Anyway, send me the mesh (.obj or .stl file
format) and I'll have a look.

Philo