 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6178
Re: L(EGO)Draw parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:03:54 GMT

&In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:

   members of the Steering Committee (SteerCo) have been in contact with LEGO to look at ways of working together to ease the conversion between the LEGO • ; Digital Designer and the LDraw System Of Tools. This relationship has led the LDraw Steering Committee to the Lego Universe project in regards to it’s building tools and such. So to help the process along, The Lego Universe team has started to share information regarding the brick shapes to further the relationship. As a first bunch we’ve got data of the following 80 parts --- and got permission to share them with the community, with the purpose to make them fit for the LDraw Parts Tracker. We are therefore looking for parts authors who are willing to clean up the rough data, do additional primitive substitution, care for the new header specs, stud orientation, BFC ...

This is great news indeed. I am happy to see this collaboration between LDraw and LEGO (especially since I see some parts I have been looking for in this batch). If I had any experience as a part author I would be eager to volunteer to help clean them up, but as Travis suggests I’m not sure it’s an appropriate task for beginners.

Jim