 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6177
Re: L(EGO)Draw parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:18:15 GMT

That’s great news. Just out of curiosity, do the green and blue bits have any significance, or are they just random?

Since LDView was used for the part images, and there are plenty of smooth curves, it appears that stl2dat did a reasonably good job of putting in conditional lines (linetype 5). There are some parts where they are curiously missing (like the interior hole of 33286), but overall I’d say these look really good.

Cleaning these up with primitives sounds like a big task, though, and people are going to have to decide whether or not to keep all the detail. Just look at 3278 and compare it to 70.dat (although it looks like 70.dat is quite a ways from the actual part geometry).

--Travis