 CAD / 14755

Subject:
L(EGO)Draw parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:35:23 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi folks,

as announced in this thread:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3286

members of the Steering Committee (SteerCo) have been in contact with LEGO to
look at ways of working together to ease the conversion between the LEGO
Digital Designer and the LDraw System Of Tools. This relationship has led
the LDraw Steering Committee to the Lego Universe project in regards to it’s
building tools and such. So to help the process along, The Lego Universe team
has started to share information regarding the brick shapes to further the
relationship. As a first bunch we’ve got data of the following 80 parts:

and got permission to share them with the community, with the purpose to
make them fit for the LDraw Parts Tracker. We are therefore looking for
parts authors who are willing to clean up the rough data, do additional
primitive substitution, care for the new header specs, stud orientation,
BFC ...

To avoid overlap we will handle this as we do with the NonCA parts re-write:

http://www.ldraw.org/Article468.html

(please note that we still need some of them re-written, though there is a
good chance that we get our hands on 30091.dat - Minifig Scuba Tank and
30248.dat - Landing Skids). We set up a chart at Ldraw.org:

http://www.ldraw.org/Article490.html

listing the parts and who is working on them. Furthermore there are
guidelines for the copyright and ownership. All you’ll have to do is pick a
part, ask for the data via email and you’ll get something like this:

0 0 Converted by 3D Object Converter
0 0 Name: 47758.dat
0 0 Author:
0 0 Unofficial Part
0 0 Created with stl2dat conversion tool
0 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 “Custom”
0 0 ROTATION CONFIG -3 1
0 1 16 -10 -4.45 0 -6.13 0 0 0 4.45 0 0 0 -6.12 4-4cyli.dat
0 1 16 -10 -4.45 0 -6.13 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -6.12 4-4edge.dat
0 1 16 -10 0 0 -6.13 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -6.12 4-4edge.dat
0 1 16 10 -4.45 0 -6.12 0 0 0 4.45 0 0 0 -6.13 4-4cyli.dat
0 1 16 10 -4.45 0 -6.12 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -6.13 4-4edge.dat

Willy Tschager
on behalf of the LDraw Steering Committee

Re: L(EGO)Draw parts