 CAD / 5528
Re: Lego parts for PovRay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:23:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Erik Olson writes:

Two ways to do this. 1. Finish the POV-Ray plugin for the Quesa architecture.
2. Exporting POV-Ray input files--probably the most desirable to POVRAY
users. For that, I'd have to discover the translation tables desired. (Or do
the obvious thing: exporting only DAT part descriptions already in memory.)

I just found out the POV-Ray license terms have changed since 1995. No
wonder the plug-in was never completed--they prohibit changing POV-Ray into
a plug-in....

Anyway, path #2 is good enough. There's probably some API where the user can
press a button and have POV-Ray fire up to render a new file.

I'm off to learn about this.