 CAD / 5516
Re: Lego parts for PovRay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:58:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chuck Sommerville writes:

You can do it, but it takes a little work.  By adding Raves' parts
definitions to the .DAT files with L3P IFPOV commands and the proper
transform matrix. I have done it, but it takes some time.  The parts need to
be rotated, translated and scaled to match the ldraw world.

-Chuck

Anton's parts are defined smaller and use different coordinates so to use
them you have to scale them x2.5 (scale 2.5), rotate (rotate <180,-90,0>)
and translate them to correct position.
Also you have to include his libraries:
#include "material.lib"
#include "library.lib"

I used to do it by hand editing the .pov file but it's time consuming!
L3P on the other hand could do it automatically! :-)

George