 CAD / 5488
Re: Let's be realistc (WasRe:MoreVenomAnyone? (WasRe:Givethemabreak (was:Hey,like,isanyonethere?)))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:14:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:

"James Reynolds" <james.e.reynolds@m.cc.utah.edu> wrote in message
Please don't quit.  I hate being negative about my future, but I doubt the mac
will get much attention from TLG.  Especially with OS X.  LDGLite is one of • two
choices for the mac (the other being BrickDraw3D).
James

That goes to everybody.  Please don't quit.  This stuff (DAT) is NOT becoming
obsolete.

That's kind of funny -- DAT was really obsolete before it was created.  It
was never a cutting-edge graphics description language.

The main asset of the "DAT Format" is the LDraw parts library.  Excepting
maybe whatever element-resource is used by the building instruction people
in LEGO, I believe the LDraw library is the largest collection of LEGO
elements.

Steve