 CAD / 5478
Re: Let's be realistc (WasRe:MoreVenomAnyone? (WasRe:Givethemabreak (was:Hey,like,isanyonethere?)))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:01:22 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad, Erik Olson writes:
Speaking of which is there a need for an update to the Mac binary for • Ldglite?
I'm not *totally* absorbed by BrickDraw3D.

Hey, that would be great.  I've added/ported quite a few nice features
to ldglite since it was last compiled for the Mac.  The cheesy file open
dialog (in the GLUT menu) may require a bit of work for the Mac filesystem.
I should probably clean up dirscan.c.  It's a bit of a mess right now...

The gamemode stuff may also be a problem.  Depends on how up to date the
Mac version of GLUT is.

Lego's perception is that the Mac market is too small to add to their bottom
line. They are willing to put out a Mac product for the early early market
like Lego My Style (age: 4) but MacAddict says this product bores 4 year
olds. Too bad. From what I've seen, Creator is a product that does have
appeal (Marketed for Age 6 and up) but we're not gonna get it.

Don't get too excited about Creator.  My kids were bored with it after
about 10 minutes.  The little motorcycle set that came with it got much
more playtime.

I think Erik was referring to Creator II: Knight's Kingdom.  That's a lot cooler
:-)  Even though Creator 1 was cheesy IMO, I enjoyed blowing up stuff with the
dynamite bricks...that got hours of playtime.  Anyways, for AFOLs, Creator will
never cut it.  That's why we write our own stuff.

-Tim