 CAD / 5474
Re: Let's be realistc (WasRe:MoreVenomAnyone? (WasRe:Givethemabreak (was:Hey,like,isanyonethere?)))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:55:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Reynolds writes:
Please don't quit.  I hate being negative about my future, but I doubt the mac
will get much attention from TLG.  Especially with OS X.  LDGLite is one of two
choices for the mac (the other being BrickDraw3D).
James

Speaking of which is there a need for an update to the Mac binary for Ldglite?
I'm not *totally* absorbed by BrickDraw3D.

+++

BrickDraw3D will become a full-fledged editor application in the coming
months. I'm preparing it for Mac OS X too. There'll be a release this
weekend with some basic model creation ability. The big hurdles are: writing
out DAT files to match what came in
(no information loss), and organizing a parts palette!

+++

Lego's perception is that the Mac market is too small to add to their bottom
line. They are willing to put out a Mac product for the early early market
like Lego My Style (age: 4) but MacAddict says this product bores 4 year
olds. Too bad. From what I've seen, Creator is a product that does have
appeal (Marketed for Age 6 and up) but we're not gonna get it.

I'm not going to let my kids play with computers at that young an age, but I
digress.

-Erik