 CAD / 17499
Re: iPad and Android
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:41:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Paul Sinasohn wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
However, publishing such an app would require somebody to spend $100 per year on
an iOS developer account, and I'm not personally willing to do that.

--Travis Cobbs

I'd be willing to front the iOS developer fee in partnership with someone, but I
really don't want to have to learn how to program...

Anyone interested?

We could charge a buck for the finished app to get back the developer fee...

I'd be interested, but I should warn you that I'm unsure about the ability of an
LDraw viewer to sell 145 copies at $.99 each, which is how many would have to
sell to recoup the $100.  (If I was highly confident of the market, I'd do it
all myself.)  Also, I would likely need artwork help from someone. My
understanding is that the app approval process could fail if the artwork is too
bad, and I'm definitely no artist.

--Travis Cobbs