 CAD / 16858
Re: Simple LDraw viewer code for Processing.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:10:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Andy Lynch wrote:
The neat thing about Processing is that since it is based on Java it is possible
to export Processing programs (excluding some functions) as cross-platform
applets that can be embedded in web pages.

So, what Andy has created is the basis for an online LDraw viewer! One possible
application of this is to allow people without LDraw installations to
nevertheless view models in 3d using their browsers. To illustrate the
feasibility of this I made a quick hack online version of the code that displays
a fully-inlined model (so no part library is required):

http://anoved.net/files/alvlite-test/

Very nice. I only took a look in IE and on a Windows XP PC and required me to
download and upgrade the Java plugin.
Will one be able to display this in another browser Chrome or on another
platform like MacOS?

I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Me too.
This looks very exciting!

Jaco