 CAD / 16839
16838  |  16840
Subject:
Simple LDraw viewer code for Processing.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 01:47:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, in the interests of sharing, as this community does so well, here's the
basics of a simple LDraw viewer that I wrote in the Processing language about a
year and a half ago. It is by no means complete, but it will display small
models (if you edit the source to load the model, right near the beginning of
the main code... no way to pick from a listing)  Processing is so friendly that
I was able to build this basic viewer in just a week or two, then life jumped in
and took over all my time again, as usual.

There's a good chance that I tapped some people on here or on the Processing.org
forums to help with the math ack when I was working on it, so, sorry if I forget
to mention, but it's been a long time since I worked on this...

Here's the link to a little blurb about what I had written so long ago, with 2
sample images:
http://www.randommeme.com/mblog/post.cfm/ldraw-viewer-in-processing

And here's the link to the post with the download file:
http://www.randommeme.com/mblog/post.cfm/simple-ldraw-viewer-code-in-processing

About the Processing Language:
Processing runs in Java, and uses the same syntax, but (for me) it makes working
with graphics a breeze!
http://processing.org/
From the website:
Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who
want to program images, animation, and interactions. It is used by students,
artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists for learning, prototyping, and
production. It is created to teach fundamentals of computer programming within a
visual context and to serve as a software sketchbook and professional production
tool.

Enjoy.
-Andy Lynch