 CAD / 16302
Re: Assembled parts, ~ and categories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:20:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
It is common practice to prefix parts that compose assembled parts
with a ~.  This prevent using them needlessly (they are not listed
with regular parts), encouraging the use of assembled shortcuts.

I'd like to chime in on this but from another perspective:
non-consistency when using the tilde. The synthesized hose parts
755 and 756 have the tilde, but the hose end parts 750 and 752 do
not.  Apply this logic to the minifig chain and the link part 209
should have the tilde, but the end part 208 should not.

It would be key for a user-friendly usage when working with LSynth
that "208.dat - Minifig Chain Link End (Open File for Usage Guide)"
gets "unhidden" in the parts library.

since there is no opposition to this request I'm gonna unhide the
208 currently at the PT:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=208

and since we are here would you confirm that the lenght of the chain
has changed over the years form 17.25 Studs to currently 16 Studs
and that there are now two versions of chain links which have to be
authored?

I can confirm two new sets (8958 and 6193) with the shorter chains.

And now that we've opened this can of worms, what about unhiding the
end studs (572a.dat) used in the pirate rigging and spiderman rope
parts (76384, 75924, 572C02, and 572C01)?

Don