 CAD / 16297
Re: Assembled parts, ~ and categories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:08:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
It is common practice to prefix parts that compose assembled parts with a ~.
This prevent using them needlessly (they are not listed with regular parts),
encouraging the use of assembled shortcuts.

I'd like to chime in on this but from another perspective: non-consistency when
using the tilde. The synthesized hose parts 755 and 756 have the tilde, but the
hose end parts 750 and 752 do not.  Apply this logic to the minifig chain and
the link part 209 should have the tilde, but the end part 208 should not.

It would be key for a user-friendly usage when working with LSynth that "208.dat
- Minifig Chain Link End (Open File for Usage Guide)" gets "unhidden" in the
parts library.

w.

Hi folks,

since there is no opposition to this request I'm gonna unhide the 208 currently
at the PT:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=208

and since we are here would you confirm that the lenght of the chain has changed
over the years form 17.25 Studs to currently 16 Studs and that there are now two
versions of chain links which have to be authored?

w.