 CAD / 16155
Re: Purpose of physical colour parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:57:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Matthew J. Chiles <mattchiles@gorge.net> wrote:

SNIP

I've got another part (55423) in the system that has only 1 certify
vote after almost 2 years (thank you Philo), and it is an extremely
useful part that people actually need.  Perhaps the reviewers are
afraid to take the time - I know I would be if I were a reviewer.  The
stakes are too high with the way the bar is currently set - the
commitment to properly review a part is hours per part.

It would be better I think to look at the part from a wide angle and
send it through... if there are no glaring errors probably nobody will
ever notice them.  If the little errors are ever a problem for anyone,
then can be fixed later as they are noticed.  But in the mean time
there is another official part for people to use.

SNIP

Reviewing is not a big deal for most parts.
Please see a good (but not at the current stage) tutorial here:
http://www.l3go.bugge.com/articles/Reviewing-parts-tutorial.shtml

I am with you if you like to have more reviewers on the PT.
I also often read the sentence like "could benefit from using..." and a novote.
I feel that there should be made a certify or hold in that cases because if the
author don't correct his part within 3 month you can correct that error without
permission!

Often I had use this procedere to push some parts that had long time only such
messages.

cu
mikeheide