 CAD / 16155
Re: Purpose of physical colour parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:57:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Matthew J. Chiles <mattchiles@gorge.net> wrote:

SNIP

I've got another part (55423) in the system that has only 1 certify
vote after almost 2 years (thank you Philo), and it is an extremely
useful part that people actually need.  Perhaps the reviewers are
afraid to take the time - I know I would be if I were a reviewer.  The
stakes are too high with the way the bar is currently set - the
commitment to properly review a part is hours per part.

It would be better I think to look at the part from a wide angle and
send it through... if there are no glaring errors probably nobody will
ever notice them.  If the little errors are ever a problem for anyone,
then can be fixed later as they are noticed.  But in the mean time
there is another official part for people to use.

SNIP

Reviewing is not a big deal for most parts.
Please see a good (but not at the current stage) tutorial here:
http://www.l3go.bugge.com/articles/Reviewing-parts-tutorial.shtml

I am with you if you like to have more reviewers on the PT.
I also often read the sentence like "could benefit from using..." and a novote.
I feel that there should be made a certify or hold in that cases because if the
author don't correct his part within 3 month you can correct that error without
permission!

Often I had use this procedere to push some parts that had long time only such
messages.

cu
mikeheide

Re: Purpose of physical colour parts
I feel that there should be made a certify or hold in that cases because if the
author don't correct his part within 3 month you can correct that error without
permission!

Often I had use this procedere to push some parts that had long time only such
messages.

Mike,

if you're really looking for part to take of there are loads waiting for you:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/71972.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x899.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/30263.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3004p07.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/6162.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/33230.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/6161.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/6007.dat

w.

[...]

I would have correct that parts if I would own them. As you know as an author
you need to have the part, as a reviewer you don't need to have the part.

cu
mikeheide