 CAD / 16148
    Purpose of physical colour parts —Santeri Piippo
   What are the physical colour parts such as (URL) this one> for? Wouldn't it be more disk-space saving to rather have a list of coloured part numbers? I have my hands on quite a lot of them through building instructions, and I think that if one made (...) (15 years ago, 11-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Michael Heidemann
   (...) We had discussion about this several times (Please search Lugnet). Because TLG uses these days the colored numbers in the instructions, we try to bring also this number to the user. The AIOI lets you choose to install these parts or not. I (...) (15 years ago, 11-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Santeri Piippo
     (...) I couldn't find anything revelant by searching LUGNET, but I do see sense in this... though if enough numbers were found, parts/ directory one day would contain more of PC parts rather than real parts. Wouldn't it make more sense to at least (...) (15 years ago, 12-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Allen Smith
   (...) Unfortunately, I missed this discussion and haven't stumbled on the magic search phrase to dig it up again. It strikes me that creating hard-colored parts for every part/color permutation Lego ever has or ever will produce has a number of (...) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Matthew J. Chiles
     (...) Amen! Preach it Brother Allen! I agree with you on all fronts. In the good news department - a part I first submitted 3 1/2 years ago (40375) finally got certified this weekend. But the pace of output for this stuff in painfully slow, and (...) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Willy Tschager
      (...) Sorry Matt but this is cheap. Everyone who has the skills to author a part has all that's needed to review one. Instead of blaiming the reviewers go and ask for review rights - it might takes hours to review a part but it takes less than (...) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Michael Heidemann
     In lugnet.cad, Matthew J. Chiles <mattchiles@gorge.net> wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP Reviewing is not a big deal for most parts. Please see a good (but not at the current stage) tutorial here: (URL) am with you if you like to have more reviewers on the (...) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Willy Tschager
     (...) Mike, if you're really looking for part to take of there are loads waiting for you: (URL) (15 years ago, 14-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Michael Heidemann
     (...) I would have correct that parts if I would own them. As you know as an author you need to have the part, as a reviewer you don't need to have the part. cu mikeheide (15 years ago, 23-May-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Purpose of physical colour parts —Willy Tschager
   (...) Allen, I agree with you and would go a step further: I cannot see any benefit to have alias parts for transparent and opaque parts, but all this is the territory of the PT admins and I'm not going to mess around in their corner of the sandbox. (...) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad)