 CAD / 15445
Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 05:48:21 GMT

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.pobursky.com> wrote in message
news:K5pKBo.Ivo@lugnet.com...

Things that are known to be problems:
- Model tree view
- Syntax highlighting
- Polling may be broken
- Switching between tabs may cause the file revert dialog to popup

Could you please add the following:

LDDP builds a sorted model around the 0,0,0 point for X,Y,Z - but this is an
incorrect way to sort a model.

To do it properly, it should find either the bottom-most brick(s) in the
model or a baseplate if there is a part listed that would be recognizable as
a baseplate, and start sorting from there.

Otherwise LDDP builds a sorted model around a 0,0,0 points axis.  I've sent
you an email, however, I only realized after I'd sent it to you what my
problem actually is.

In short terms, LDDP is treating negatively placed bricks as being not the
bottom-most brick in a model.  It needs to account for negatively-placed
bricks, and calculate everything with a positive offset, then take back that
offset after it's done calculating.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde