 CAD / 15425
Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:38:10 GMT

I'll also look into this.  Actually, I'm thinking about killing the splash
screen, thoughts?

I don't mind for the splash screen if it doesn't take time (I mean splash screen
display should last no longer than LDDP initialization code)

Yes, but have a look here first:
http://www.holly-wood.it/wishlist-lddp.html

Ah - very interesting list! But of course I have a few things to add...

- A value select tool: if you double-click on a value it gets selected
completely, including minus sign, integer part, fractional part and dot.

- A line select mode. In that mode selections would occur line by line. Using
Ctrl this mode would also allow selecting non adjacent lines.

- Precision: LDDP should not round values except with the rounding function
(presently many functions such as the change winding or mirror does affect
precision).

- New building possibilities in addition to triangle/quads combination:
  * Build quad from 2 lines. Only quads planar enough would be allowed. If a
vertex is common then a triangle would be created
  * Build a line/condline between 2 triangle/quads (they must have 2 common
vertices)
  * Border a triangle/quad with lines
  * I would also like a quad to tri split, but since there are 2 possibilities I
don't see a good way to let the user choose

- The mirror line should also act properly on type1 lines. Perhaps simple
rotations around main axis could be added too? (might avoid some travels to
MLCad)

- LDDP should check for an external file change and propose to reload document.

Philo