 CAD / 15424
Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:02:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
I'm well on my way to releasing a new version of LDDP (I figured 3 years was
long enough).  Anyone interested in test driving the new version, please drop me
an email (Willy you don't need to).

This is very good news!
I especially like the new tabbed editor, much more practical.

Do you have a short list of changes/intended changes?

A few things I noticed so far (perhaps caused by the alpha status...)
- It is possible to open the same file several times. While this can be helpful,
it has played tricks on me (saving an older version and losing edits done in
another (already closed) window.

I'll add a check to prevent this.

- I'd prefer (but that may be just me!) that when opening a LDraw file from
Windows explorer and an instance of LDDP is already opened it opens in a new tab
of that instance instead of creating a new one (and having to wait for the
splash screen to close

I'll look into this

- btw I'd like an option to suppress that wait...)

I'll also look into this.  Actually, I'm thinking about killing the splash
screen, thoughts?

- LDDP should be updated to use the new coplanarity check.

This is already present and should be in the options.

I should also be able to find new features to add, if you think it's time now...

Yes, but have a look here first:
http://www.holly-wood.it/wishlist-lddp.html

-Orion